Friday, September 25, 2009

interesting

So I opened convo with a few sellers on Etsy who do custom stamps, so that I can get stamps for the holidays. (You don't exactly find "Yule" at the local stamp store, let alone the major chain stores.)

As part of my request, I said "Ideally, I would receive just a sheet of rubber, which I could back with cling foam and cut out myself for use with acrylic blocks."

I take this as "less work for you, less materials for you, so my cost should be a little cheaper". Makes sense, right?

Of the four sent, three replied. Two asking for more information before quoting, but the one that surprised me...

Hi Jenn~

Thank you for your interest and for waiting!

At this time we offer wood handle rubber stamps and self inking stamps, but not just the sheet of rubber. I do believe that there are other Etsy sellers that may be able to assist you.

Again thank you for contacting us!


So she won't sell me just the stamp part without mounting it on a wood handle? WHAT kind of business plan is turning away easy business? Makes no sense to me...


The main moving happens this weekend, and then I can begin unpacking all my stuff and have time to get creative again. (I hate the mad rush of packing an entire household, but I love the purging because you decide something just isn't worth packing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenn! I didn't know you were doing a blog too, or I would have added you sooner! It's kind of addictive isn't it? I'd like to get into a ATC swap myself, I've never done it but it sounds like a ton of fun. I've been thinking of signing up for a swap over at craftster.

    ReplyDelete