Wednesday, September 16, 2009

... on a roll...

Not only did I finish my ATC cards, I also had time to create a dozen harvest themed notecards! (And then played around a bit with a new stamp set, but didn't end up with anything worth posting.)

The card and image base are Nature Preserve cardstock, which is 100% recycled (30% post consumer). So in addition to being pretty and crafty, they're fairly environmentally responsible. (The inks and embossing powder not so much, but I haven't found any of those yet which are.) The stamp is titled Harvest Maiden from a company called Stamp Oasis. The ink is again Ranger Distress walnut stain. (I like that it's nice and dark, but it feels more natural than black.) The lovely lady was colored with markers from Copic, Stampin Up, and Zig. Her jewels were then glittered with a Stardust glitter gel pen. There are some irregularities in the coloring, because of stray flecks of embossing powder, but I've found that I like the look it gives.



You can't really tell from the picture, because my camera tends to wash color out, but the card base is actually a nice olive green, which makes the oranges of the flowers and leaves pop quite nicely.

Now to find a source for recycled envelopes. (Would be nice if it was local!)

No comments:

Post a Comment