Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Aaargh!!!

Since "Talk Like a Pirate" day is this Saturday and I just found a really cute pirate set (Changito Pirates by Stampendous) on sale at Michaels recently, I decided to celebrate the lesser known holiday. Base is a precut ATC by 7 Gypsies, the paper is from CTMH 'Majestic Blue' collection. The images were stamped in Ranger Distress walnut stain (both first and second generation), with the Aaargh in CTMH grey wool, which was also inked around the edges using a large pore sponge. The walnut was also stamped across the base surface using a brillo-style sponge. Images were colored using watercolor pencils and the chest trim and compass rose center were highlighted with a Stardust glitter gel pen.


Since I've been full of ideas but lacking on execution lately, I decided to rejoin the ATC swap group at my local stamp store. True, it's a small project, but it gives me a monthly deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment