Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lovely Daisy ATC

For the Mingle, I participated in 3 swaps; one of them was a season-themed ATC. We were to pick our favorite season and create our card to match it.

I couldn't decided between spring and summer, so I just went with daisies!



The ATC bases came from my LSS and are a creamy vanilla color. All the stamps are from the CTMH "Lovely Daisy" set, which is a few years old so it's probably dc'd by now. I stamped the biggest image in CTMH Sunkiss Yellow for the background to give it a little texture, then added the main image in SU Soft Suede and the phrase in Ranger Distress Peeled Paint. Once everything had time to dry, I used my blending pen to color the flowers and leaves - SU Crushed Curry, Soft Suede & Wild Wasabi, more Peeled Paint, and some CTMH Plum Mist. Then I applied Crystal Effects/Glossy Accent/Liquid Glass (yes, I had a little left in multiple bottles, so I ended up using all three. They really are the same, just different labels.) to give the main flower some dimension. I left this to dry over night.

In the morning, I clipped the top corner and used my CTMH Distress kit - the stipple sponge with some SU Chocolate Chip ink and the edge distresser to roughen up the clipped corner. I wiped the ink off the 3D main flower so it was all nice and shiney again, added some CTMH Purple Pansy organdy ribbon to the corner for a bit of fun, put some CTMH Buttercup CS behind it and mounted the whole thing to a new card base so I could stamp the back with my artist info.

Voila!

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment